Asharami Synergy is an oil & gas company in the downstream sector with operations across West Africa. Our mission is "To create a sustainable business centered on adding value in the oil & gas sector by redefining the downstream supply chain.
We have a vibrant culture that embraces and cultivates unconventional and innovative thinking. We place a high premium on teamwork and encourage our people to continually strive for excellence, with emphasis on organic growth and self-improvement.
This role is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of Asharami's Enterprise Risk Management and compliance framework, including firm-wide comprehensive policies. The compliance and risk management department will have a dotted reporting to the organization's Board of Directors through the Board Governance and Risk Management Committee.
This role is also responsible for the company's compliance internally and externally with existing and evolving industry regulatory provisions/.policies as well as company internal policies and procedures. Role holder advices the CEO on any potential risks.
• Develop and implement an enterprise risk management framework and strategies and independently conduct company-wide and project specific risk assessments.
• Maintain a company-wide risk registers for all business unit and ensure periodic reviews of the risk register to ensure adequate and timely management of identified risks.
• Develop and Implement on behalf of the MD/CEO efficient internal control processes and regulatory compliance.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive Compliance Manual in line with the organization’s business principles
• Develop and implement a comprehensive compliance and risk management road map and create action plans to achieving this road map.
• Develop framework for the standardization and inter relationship management of all processes and procedures to ensure appropriate monitoring and follow up on key initiatives.
• Work with the relevant stakeholders in identifying, developing and implementing compliance and risk management strategies for areas which include but not limited to procurement for the business operations, QHSSE management systems and making business continuity plans to mitigate risks and any other compliance issues relating to managing brand equity in conjunction with the communications team.
• Undertake the review and risk assessment of key initiatives, projects and operational activities and advise on the feasibility of such initiatives based on the risks assessed.
• Assess the organization and recommend, prioritize and implement relevant organizational and service specific quality policies.
• Provide compliance advice and guidance to employees and stakeholders in line with internal policies and regulatory requirements.
• Provide regular periodic assessment reports to executive management, with recommendations on processes to strengthen internal controls.
• Evaluate risks and provide mitigating processes and procedures by comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluate the organization’s previous handling of risks
Develop and implement an approved methodology for setting and managing the organization’s 'risk appetite' and carryout regular reviews for improvements.
• A University degree in Business Management, Accounting, Economics or related field
• Minimum of 8-10 working experience (Post NYSC) and 5 years post qualification experience in Risk Management.
• A recognized professional accounting certification (i.e. ACA, ACCA, CFA or CIMA)
• A recognized professional certification in Risk Management will be an added advantage
• A post graduate degree or any other qualification/certification will be an added advantage
• Problem-solving and decision-making abilities;
• Analytical skills and eye for detail;
• Planning and organizing skills;
• Negotiation skills and the ability to influence people;
• Good communication and presentation skills;
• Commercial awareness;
• Numerical skills and the ability to evaluate costs;
• Ability to understand broad business issues.
• Leadership skills and Understanding of Enterprise Risk Management
• Understanding of current global trends in risk management.
• Conversant with all relevant financial laws and external regulations as well as audit standards and best practices.
• Demonstrate a pro-active ability to accurately identify problems and risks to systematically and logically analyze information and propose solutions. Be knowledgeable and conversant with the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and the Securities & Exchange Commission and all relevant industry regulations and continuing obligations for private and public entities listed on the NSE.